In spite of illegal drugs being associated with criminal activity, antisocial behavior and severe criminal charges by the DEA, quite a large number of teenagers and young adults are often found to be using them. Unfortunately, some of them even believe with ignorant confidence that they can control their drug use and never let it get to a point where it starts to affect their health and looks. The problem with this philosophy is that it is flawed from the core and based on a confidence that’s borne out of ignorance, rather than experience.
How Drug Abuse Affects Your Beauty
An unhealthy body cannot look beautiful and that is quite simply the reason why drug use will initially just affect your looks and then later on, completely destroy them. Go through the following, as some of the prime effects of substance abuse on one’s naturally beautiful skin are listed below:
- Drugs such as cocaine or heroin can cause necrosis by killing skin tissue
- Fibrous tissue formation below and above the skin leads to benign but ugly tumors
- Hands become darker and coarser, with cracked, ulcerous skin
- Internal bleeding and consequent blotches below the skin are common in addicts, due to a condition known as Schonlein-Henoch vasculitis
- Erythema Multiforme from the drug use will leave the addict with red marks all over the body
- Scarred, porous and spotty veins are common in heroin users
- Parasitosis and open sores from scratching all day is seen very commonly in meth addicts
- Desomorphine or krokodil can and most often will rot away the skin completely, leaving muscle and even bones visible in places!
- Even excessive marijuana use can put bags under your eyes and bring about premature aging of the skin
Drug Use and Abuse are the Present and the Future Definitions of the Same Problem
Even less harmful, entry level quasi-legal drugs such as marijuana can create dependence and in rare cases, people are known to be severely addicted to weed as well. However, hard drugs like cocaine, heroin and meth, on the other hand, are extremely addictive and create immediate dependence within a very short time. It begins the second you take your first hit and with each consecutive hit over the next few weeks, a chemical dependence is created inside the brain.
As the need to use hard drugs is physical in nature and not just a psychological dependence, it creates a real need which is similar to hunger or thirst, but only much, much worse. Therefore, the concept that people can willingly take and leave drugs without getting addicted is a myth. If someone is using drugs today, that same person will inevitably end up abusing them later on, unless intervened by professionals.
What is the Solution?
Whether it’s you or someone close to you, the addicted individual needs to be admitted to a rehab center as soon as possible. If you are based in California, Hotel California By The Sea is a residential drug treatment southern California, that can be relied upon for effective and quick treatment.
Just like the name suggests, this particular residential drug treatment California based is more like a luxurious staying experience for the patient, rather than being a hospital. That being said, the facility also has the best drug rehabilitation therapists in Orange County and all other facilities necessary to handle addiction problems with the traditional 12-Step Method.
Know the signs of drug abuse and get help as soon as possible whether it is for you or a loved one.